It has come to my attention recently that I don’t really do things for people who have just started their anxiety journey.
One of my friends came to me saying they think think they have anxiety. We talked through it and I thought that she did have anxiety or she at least needed to talk to her parents about it. Obviously she was a bit nervous so we talked through how she could do it. Unfortunately, there is no magic way of doing it but I thought I’d give you some of my tips for telling someone:
- Think about what point(s) you want to get across. What exactly is it that you’re worried about.
- Can you think of anything that may have triggered the worries like a bad experience.
- Talk to the person you are most comfortable with.
- Do it in a quiet spot at the right time.
- If you don’t want to talk to their face write it down – sometimes writing it down can be a better way of saying something.
- Reward yourself afterwards – it would have been hard but now you’ve done it you will feel a huge sense of relief and go and treat yourself to an ice-cream or something.
- Know that if you don’t tell someone your problem won’t be solved and may even get worse.
- Also remember that the first step is ALWAYS the hardest.
Thanks for reading guys. I hope you enjoyed and it helped remember to follow and like and do all the really nice things you do na dI will see you next week for another post.
Thanks for reading,
Win The Worry Wars