My Councillor has given me a sheet and I am going to share it with you I will also attach the stopp card and the sheet so you can print out the info so you can take it with you where ever you want to go.
THE SHEET THE SHEET
- Something bad will happen
- I won’t be able to cope
Adrenaline response-Body’s alarm system-Energized for fight or flight. Blood is diverted to the big muscles to help us escape or fight the threat, and blood is therefore taken away from the other body systems.
You may notice:
- Heart rate increases
- Breathing speeds up, breathless, choking feeling
- Muscles tense, aching, shaking
- Hot, sweating
- light-headed, blurred vision
- Butterflies in tummy, urge to go to the bathroom
- More alert-scanning for danger
- Is this threat a real one or is it really bound to happen?
- Am I exaggerating the threat? Am I misreading things?
- I feel bad, but that doesn’t mean that things are really that bad.
- What would someone else say about this?
- What would I say to a friend in this situation?
- What would be a more helpful way of looking at things?
- Where’s my focus of attention?
- I can cope with these feelings, I’ve got through it before. This will pass.
- Take a breath
- How will doing this affect me in the long-term?
- Don’t avoid situations-go anyway
- Problem solve or make plans if necessary
- Take things slowly or gradually
- Focus attention outside of me-external rather than internal focus
- What’s the best thing to do?
- What would help most?
Imagine yourself coping in a situation that you feel anxious about. See the situation through to a successful completion.
Visualize blue for calm. Breath in blue and breath out red.
THE STOPP CARD THE STOPP CARD
TAKE A BREATH
OBSERVE: What am I thinking? What am I reacting to? What am I feeling in my body?
PULL BACK: Put in some perspective. See the bigger picture. Is this fact or opinion? How would someone else see this?
PRACTICE WHAT WORKS:
What’s the best thing to do for me, for others, for this situation?
I hope this helped please download and print off the attachments and vote. Please share this and help the world stop worrying.
Win The worry wars